Thursday, August 18, 2011

Final Training Run - Marquette Trail 50

My wife and I are heading up to Marquette, MI tomorrow for the Marquette Trail 50. I am going to be doing the 50 mile race, thinking of it as my last long run in my preparation for Sawtooth.

A finish on Saturday will give me two 50 mile runs in the six weeks leading up to the main event. I simultaneously hope that it is sufficient and not too much.

I ran the 50k at Marquette last year and had a great time. It is a scenic and challenging course, with enough hills and technical trail to give me a taste of what I am in for in a few weeks. I'll have the race report early next week.

In the meantime, here is the link from Joe Jameson, the race director, with the course map and elevation profile.
http://therucksack.tripod.com/MiBSAR/ExtremeMaps/MarquetteTrail50/50mile10-09-10version.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment